Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Date Is Set

Today's sonogram was mind blowing.  Colton weighs approximately 6 lbs 13 oz and is in the 78th percentile.  His head measures 39 weeks 3 days (OH LORDY) and the rest of his body is at 37 weeks 3 days.  Today we are 36 weeks, 3 days.  He is a big baby boy!!  I am soooo glad he is still breech because the idea of pushing that head terrifies me! haha  The poor little guy takes up my whole stomach.  I bet he is tired of being scrunched up with his legs being over his head.  I feel bad that I don't have any more room to give him.
The fluid levels are normal and there is no protein in the urine but my blood pressure is running high.  The last few days I've been feeling weird, not really bad but just not normal.  We have hit that time frame that issues can start to develop.  So she has ordered me to be on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy.  She specifically said no more work or working out.  It doesn't appear preclampsia has set in but she wants me to rest and relax to help prevent it.  They took blood work that will for sure determine that I don't have preclampsia.  Those results will be here tomorrow.  She said that she will only call if results are not good.  So no call is good!  Pray for no call.  All else is perfect.  She asked us what day we'd like to do the c-section during that first week in May and we said Monday, May 2.  So Monday, May 2 is the day our big guy will be here.  They will set it up with the hospital and then let us know the time of day at our next appointment which is on Wednesday.  So I only have to be on bed rest for about a week & half which is not to bad.  Makes you wonder how much more he will grow this last bit.  Could you imagine if he had the full 3 1/2 weeks to grow...oh man.
Can you believe that in a week and half we will have a baby?!  We are so excited and cannot wait to meet our big guy.  Time has gone so fast.  I think I will have to go back and read all my posts to reflect over all of this while I am "resting" this next week.
Tonight I had my last hair appointment before he is here and tomorrow I am suppose to test drive a new vehicle.  I'm not sure where that falls into the resting bit but she did say do the things you need to do and that is something we need to do.  We learned last weekend that my car is no bueno with the car seat.  It is much to small for all of us.  With Brian being 6'6" no one can sit behind him and with the car seat behind me, my knees are nearly to my chest.  And because the back doors don't open all the way, it's an act of Congress to get the seat into the base without feeling like you will be jostling the baby all around.  So Brian will do all the driving to the dealership and back home.  I will test drive and I guess sign my name on the paperwork if I like it.  Otherwise that is all we have to do but wait for his arrival.

Here is a picture of the belly we took on Tuesday night, it was 36 weeks, 1 day.  I still can't believe an almost 7 pound baby is in there right now...crazy!!!




We hope everyone has a great Easter weekend!

xoxoxo

1 comment: