Thursday, April 28, 2011

4 Days To Go

Yesterday was our last dr appointment.  Colton will be here on Monday, May 2 at 8:00am.  She gave us the do's and don'ts about things to do the night before, things to bring, etc.  We have to be at the hospital at 6am for all the prep work.  Brian was like man thats early.  I said whatever, I will be awake eagerly awaiting for the clock to hit, lol.  I know I won't be able to sleep Sunday.  I am so freaking excited I can hardly contain myself.
I've been so bored this week at home.  I'm not a good sit at home and do nothing person.  Thank goodness for facebook and words with friends.  Those two things have helped keep me entertained.  Oh, and the Oprah Network channel.  I've learned a lot about The Judds this past week.  Poor Naomi had a rough life growing up.
We traded in my car for a small suv earlier this week.  We decided to go with the GMC Terrain.  We went to look at the GMC Acadia and it looked to mini vanish for me.  I just can't go there yet..if ever, lol.  So then I was between the Terrain and the Cadillac SRX but after comparing prices and options we went with the Terrain.  I was able to keep every option I had my in Lexus IS and actually gain a few more and the best part, my payments went down.  That was nice since we have child care around the corner.   We didn't need anything big like a Tahoe because Brian has a big truck and need something with good gas mileage.  The Terrain is big enough that we can all fit comfortably and even one more kiddo if we choose to have another.  The dealership had to search long and hard to find the exact one I wanted.  I was extremely picky on the options I wanted and of course wouldn't settle for anything but one specific color.  They finally found one in Louisianna and did a dealer change.  We picked it up on Tuesday night.  I cried all the way to the dealership.  It's not so much of giving up my car which I loved to death but more about the reality of this all.  Our lives are fixing to change dramatically, for the good of course, but it's a change that brings so many unknowns.  Brian was laughing at me and saying we can keep the car, you don't have to get rid of it.  Between sobs I'd try to say it's not just about the car, lol.  I did love that car, loved it so much that I had two of them in a row but it really isn't just about the car.  I guess I'm just extremely hormonal with fear and happiness all at the same time.

Anyways.  I hope these last four days go fast.  This pregnancy road has been stressful, fun, and exciting all at the same time but I am so over it at this point.  I am ready to finally meet and hold Colton.  I've had several people ask which hospital we will be at.  We will be at Baylor in Grapevine.  It's right at the Highway 26 exit off 114.  We will be there Monday thru Thursday morning so come see us and meet Colton!!!  Hopefully my next post will be with pictures of our little prince!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you! I know about the getting up early. If I remember correctly for Ian's birth they wanted us up there at 5:00am, and I was induced. Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete